Poker Stakes

Omaha Poker Game

Omaha Poker is a variant of the poker game very similar to that of Texas Holdem.

Five Card Draw Poker

Five Card Draw Poker

Here we are going to share some tips and strategies for online poker games. Read more...

7 Cards Poker

7 Card Stud

One of the best poker game is 7 card stud poker, Learn how to play this game..

Tournament Basics

Tournament Basics

Tournaments are basically of two types Freeze outs and Rebuy, Visit and learn more..

News & Articles

Playing Poker

Make Money with Playing Poker

You can make more money playing poker online by following three basic strategies.

Online Poker Tips

Useful Online Poker Tips

Online poker tips could help you to win a Fortune. For more information click here..

Winning at Poker Games

Winning at Poker Games

There are three general ideas you should have to become a successful poker player.

Flash Online Poker

Benefits of Flash Online Poker

Flash Online Poker: Most of the poker sites now provide flash poker for their players.

how to play slots

How to Play Slots?

Learn how to play slots and make some real money with online slots games...

gambling

Benefits of Gambling Sites Online

We will guide you the best casino gambling sites for fun and make money as well...


Caribbean Stud Poker Online Casino Game


There are five types of Caribbean stud poker games. The game itself is made more complex than it actually is. Stud Poker means you do not draw additional cards - you must live with the cards you are dealt. This normally would limit the strategy of a game, but this game variant introduces a progressive jackpot as well as other choice to raise or fold. To start with, the play lays down an ante to receive their 5 cards. The dealer gets 5 cards as well, but only one is face up. The player now has a choice - they can either raze or fold. A fold will cost the player the full value of their ante and the game is over. Should the player rise, they need to add 2X the ante to the pot. For example, a $5 ante would necessitate a $10 raise - for $15 total stake. The game would continue.

The dealer then exposes their hand. In dealer’s hand must have at least an Ace and King in their hand to qualify. Any pair or above also qualifies the dealer. Should the dealer qualify, the two hands are compared using traditional hand rankings. If the player's hand beats the dealer, they are paid even money on their ante - $5 in the example above. The remaining $10 wagered would be paid additional monies, based on the quality of the hand. The table below shows the payout for the additional bet.

So, should your hand produce a 3 of kind, you would win $30 on the additional bet, plus the $5 you won on the ante.

5 Card Studs


Should the dealer NOT qualify, the player would win on the ante bet, but push on the raise. It does not matter if the dealer's high card is higher than yours. And even if you made a royal flush, you wouldn't be paid unless the dealer hand qualifies. And remember it is 5 card studs, so making a qualified hand does not happen anywhere near every hand.

The Progressive Jackpot Bet

For an additional $1, you can be entered for a progressive jackpot. The progressive jackpot pays itself in full when a royal flush is hit. The progressive will pay 10% of the value for any straight flush. Additionally, the extra dollar bet pays if you have a four of a kind, full house, or flush. The payout is usually $500, $100, $50, respectively - but can vary widely - usually lower than numbers quoted.

Caribbean Stud Poker Strategy


Basic Caribbean Stud Poker Strategy After you pay your ante, the only decision point occurs after you have seen all your cards. Always play through if you are holding a pair or higher. Generally, you should usually fold if your hand value is less than A-K. If you hold A-K (no pair), you should fold, unless certain conditions are met involving the dealer's exposed card. For example, if the dealer upcard is also in your hand, you should play - except if the upcard is a king or ace. An optimal strategy will only cost you a fraction of a percent and is very difficult to master, so stick to the basics. The chart below shows why it is OK to play with generalized rules:

The progressive bet is not a good wager, unless the jackpot is extremely high - about a quarter million dollars on average, but depending on the payouts for the other winning hands. With jackpots usually starting at 10K, it rarely gets high enough to make it worth playing. The payouts vary a lot - so look for games which pay high for a four of a kind, as they seem to be most beneficial to the player. If you are feeling lucky, go for it. Gambling is about the excitement and hope for a big payday - just don’t be too disappointed if today isn't your day.

The Statistics: 5 Card Stud is extremely difficult to make good hands, as seen in the table to the right.

If you are playing the progressive jackpot, you will only have a paying hand once in every 480 hands on average. That is the frequency which you will get a flush or better. There is a 56% chance the dealer hand will qualify... That means on 44% of the hands, the dealer will not qualify and the most you can win is even money on your ante bet. This also puts the pay table out of reach on almost half the hands. Assuming both hands have a 56% chance to qualify, that means only 1 on every 3.2 hands will generate 2 qualifying hands.

Other Considerations

As standardized as many casino games are, it is amazing how diverse Caribbean Stud poker is played at various casinos - both online and offline. But the house edge is always right about 5%, without the progressive bet. Considering how simple the game is, the game is made overly complex. It is also frustrating as getting a big hand happens very infrequently. And while the dealer has the same odds to hit a big hand, it's no fun when more than half your hands are junk.